This month’s goals have come around rather quick. Do I say that every month?
1. To stop taking things to heart – I thought my days of being overly sensitive were over, but it would appear not. I get this weird, horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think people are talking about me. Not strangers, that would be silly considering how much I put myself out there. I just get a bit funny if people read a message and don’t respond (which is nonsense because I am terrible for that!!), or if they sound a bit off when they respond. I start imagining people talking behind my back and I feel all uneasy and sad. I know this is a very common way to feel. I just thought I was stronger than this these days. I hate confrontation, so will avoid it as much as possible, and would rather just sit on the bad feeling myself. I think I need to get more sleep and do more yoga!
2. To keep on top of my invoices and money better – oh my gosh I am struggling to keep up with the admin side of this wonderful job that is YouTube and blogging. I am very lucky that I am at a stage where I have this problem, I know, but I feel so over stretched and out of control, organization wise. I’m usually someone who is pretty on top of things and who loves to have everything neat and in order but I am rapidly spiraling into a mountain of paperwork that I might not manage to get back out of! I sat down the other night and filled out my invoice spreadsheet, got up to date with sending them out and started to chase overdue ones but they are so hard to keep track of. Money seems to be vanishing in front of my eyes too (and it’s definitely not those Primark hauls to blame, I promise). The husband and I need to start using the budget plan we set up months ago I think…
3. To sell things – stop the press. I FINALLY sold a pushchair. The husband even had a glass of Prosecco (he never drinks it) to celebrate because he was so delighted to get a tiny amount of square footage back in his shed! I have kids clothes to sell, pushchairs to sell, baby equipment to sell, lots to give to social services and charity – it’s just finding that dedicated time to sit down and do it. And I don’t know about you guys, but I’m finding people are getting cheekier and cheaper on selling sites which puts me off! I’d rather give it away to someone genuinely in need than someone who is trying to rip me off to sell on my stuff to someone else. Anyhoo I need to make an effort to get it done. Our house isn’t getting any bigger.
4. To get L’s 1st birthday sorted out – HE’S TURNING ONE NEXT MONTH. HEART BROKEN!!! He won’t be my baby anymore. He’ll be a one year old. I’m genuinely gutted about it which is ridiculous. I think it’s because we’re having a bigger gap this time round (yep still want baby number three, all being well!!) so I know I won’t have any baby-ness (totally not a word) in my life for a while. I’m trying to hold onto L’s babyhood. Very tightly. With two hands. And my whole body wrapped round it haha. But yes, we need to plan his birthday. I think we are heading to the Isle of Wight with family for a little trip over his actual birthday then we’re hoping to plan a little joint party with his friend. Too cute.
5. To spend more tech free time with my family – don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my phone. I loved feeling connected to the world. I love social media. I love engaging with all the lovely people that we are so grateful to have following us. But I forgot my phone when we were out the other day and it felt…well it felt rather liberating. I don’t go on social media etc after work when we’ve got the kids back from nursery (unless I am instastory-ing what their gorgeous little faces are up to) and I tend to dip in and out at the weekend when they are otherwise occupied (in between vlogging) so I don’t actively spend a lot of time on my phone with them around but it is usually in arm’s reach, threatening distraction. I think having some actual physical distance between my phone and I (where I can’t see notifications popping up) will probably do us all good.
So that’s another month’s goals decided. What have you got on your list for this month?