A big HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. I hope 2018 brings you everything you hope and dream for.
1. Be grateful – it is so easy, especially in this crazy online world, to get carried away with what you don’t have, rather than what you do have. I am eternally grateful for all I do have and I do often stop and think about it, but I found myself comparing myself to others a little too much towards the end of 2017. So it’s time to reign it in, take stock, and be more thankful for our health and happiness.
2. Make it through another deployment – it’s soon going to be that time again. We’ll be gearing up for another 6 (possibly longer) month deployment and I am dreading it. There’s no escape this time. Last time I managed to get up to my parents for 3 months because I went on maternity leave, but that ain’t happening this time!! It’s going to be a bloody long 6 months but I’ll just do my best to get into a routine, keep busy, see friends, work hard, stay positive (and drink…who said that?) to get through it.
3. Cherish those who care – I’m not saying I don’t cherish the people who care about me, I definitely do (!!), but I need to spend more time on them than the people who don’t care as much. As you get older true friends are easier to spot. This online world can be a bit fickle as well so I’m going to try and spend more time with IRL (that always makes me laugh) friends.
4. Detox from those who don’t – I seem to spend a lot of time on people who wouldn’t do the same for me so it’s probably time I try to stop doing that! Life is too short to waste energy on people who don’t really care about you!
5. Set myself some new blog and YouTube goals – see separate post here!
6. Print out more photos – my gorgeous friend Emma, from Emma Lawson Photography, has taken so many amazing photos for us over the past year and I don’t have ANY printed out and up in the house. It’s utterly shocking and I am ashamed of myself!!
7. Go to bed earlier – this was also one of my 2017 goals and I failed miserably with it. This year needs to be the year I start going to bed before midnight. It just does. I’m pooped 99.9% of the time.
8. Improve my photography – I got a new lens for my DSLR at Christmas and it’s spurred me on to take my photography a bit more seriously and learn some new skills.
9. Not take things to heart so much – I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to change this part of my personality but it would be great if I could! I always think the worst and always think people are thinking negative things about me and it can be rather tiring! I need to care less and listen to people’s positive words instead.
10. Hopefully continue to help others – I had such an amazing amount of support, messages, emails, comments whenever I shared personal experiences last year, in the hope of helping others, and I hope to continue to do so in 2018.
Phew. I think that’s quite enough of a list! Let me know your 2018 goals. I love hearing them!