I’m a school mum! Eek! I have to say one of the biggest adjustments of this routine change is having to feed Little I after school. Whilst she was at nursery, she was fed from breakfast all the way through to ‘high tea’ at 5.30pm. Now I have to do a little snack when she gets in and then cook her dinner as well. I’m not complaining, I’ve just had to become a lot more organised and adventurous with my ideas!
We are huge fans of Quorn and I personally have been eating their food since I was a teenager. There are a lot more products in their range than there were back then and we sue so many of them in our day to day meals and snacks.
I thought it would be fun to put together five quick and easy after school snacks using their Quorn cocktail sausages. They are made from mycroprotein, and are super tasty and versatile. All the following snacks took me under 10 minutes to make and they all went down well with the kids.
Mini Toads in the Holes
4 Yorkshire puddings (I buy the frozen ones).
4 Quorn Sausgaes.
Gravy (flavour of your choosing!).
– Pop your Quorn cocktail sausages in the oven for 4 minutes.
– Add the Yorkshire puddings in and cook everything for another 4 minutes.
– Meanwhile, make your gravy.
– Take the Yorkshire puddings and Quorn cocktail sausages out of the oven.
– Pour a spoonful of gravy into each Yorkshire pudding, then add a Quorn cocktail sausage in each one.
Roly Poly Tomato Quorn Cocktail Sausage Rolls
Ready to roll puff pastry.
Plain tomato sauce – either shop bought or homemade pasta type sauce.
6 Quorn cocktail sausages.
– Roll out the pastry and cut 4 sections about 20cm long and 6cm wide (or whatever works with the width/length of your pastry. Just enough to roll your sausages with).
– Spread a thin layer of your tomato sauce over each pastry section.
– Place a Quorn cocktail sausage at one end of the section and roll it up.
– Cook in oven for 12 minutes.
Glazed Cocktail Stick Quorn Cocktail Sausages
6 Quorn cocktail sausages.
2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
1 tbsp honey.
– Mix the ketchup and honey in a bowl.
– Cover the sausages in the sauce.
– Put on baking tray with a Quorn cocktail sausage in each one.
– Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Quorn Cocktail Sausage Kebabs
1 piece of bread.
6 chunks of cheese.
6 chunks of cucumber.
3 cherry tomatoes.
3 Quorn cocktail sausages.
6 kebab skewers.
– Toast the bread, then cut it into 6 sections.
– Cut the Quorn cocktail sausages in half.
– Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
– Chop the kebab skewers to a decent length and chop the sharp ends off.
– Pop all your ingredients onto the skewer. I like them in this order! Bread on the bottom, Quorn cocktail sausage, cheese, tomato, cucumber.
Dips and Sticks
Tbsp cream cheese.
Tbsp tomato dip (I blend up tinned tomatoes, garlic, cooked onion and a pinch of sugar then keep it in the fridge).
(These are the dips my kids like but you could use whatever!).
Quorn cocktail sausages
(These are just what I had in my cupboards but you could use anything that can be dipped).
– Basically just arrange the dips and other ingredients around the plate in a way that’s easy for little hands to have fun dipping and eating.
Hope you enjoyed these five quick and easy after school snacks. Let me know what your go to after school snack ideas are!
*This post is a paid collaboration with Quorn but all thoughts, words and opinions are 100% our own.