Do you think you are a toddler on holiday? Take this short quiz and find out…
1. Do you like packing and repacking to try and figure out which sort of clothes they are most likely to destroy within minutes of wearing?
2. Do you like trying to challenge yourself through airport security on how much you can try juggle with two hands, whilst stopping a toddler running off in the wrong direction?
3. Would you react positively to your toddler having a full on throw-themselves-all-around-the-place tantrum in the confined space of your plane seat?
4. Do you like cursing at the fact they don’t dim the lights on night flights soon enough, that the announcements go on forever at a ridiculously loud volume and that you have about 50cm squared space around you for you and your wriggly little toddler. In fact, do you just enjoy cursing on a plane?
5. Are you happy to spend most of your flight apologizing for naughtiness/loudness and praying for good behavior/sleep?
6. Do you enjoy drinking a lot of wine, or another alcoholic beverage, to get over the trauma of travelling with a toddler?
7. Would you be happy with being able to sunbathe for roughly 1.5 minutes at a time before having to get up and run after your toddler?
8. Are you happy to take on a health and safety role for the majority of your holiday, checking all floors, pools and situations for potential toddler hazards?
9. Do you like getting all dressed up for dinner and then having food thrown at you?
10. Are you up for the sprint from the crèche to the adult bar to get in front of all the other parents doing the same?
If you answered YES to at least 7 out of the 10 above then enjoy your holiday!!
*Disclaimer – I did, in fact, thoroughly enjoy my holiday with my toddler. I just wanted to sum up all the ‘interesting’ and ‘character building’ things we had to go through as well!